Preliminary Layout

 Magazine 


Masthead: For my masthead I’ll have the title of my magazine in bold font, but I’ll make sure it's clear because I want it to be easily read.


Main Image: For the main image, I want to put an image of the person I’m writing the article on, so that they can be identified and a face can be put to the name the reader will be reading about.


Selling Line: For the selling line, I’ll write a quick summary/introduction of what the article will be, and specifically who it will be written about. 


Typography/Font: For my masthead font, I want to choose a colorful and bold font that’s clear and easy to read, so that it grabs attention, and for other fonts I’ll make them smaller than the masthead font and less colorful, but still clear. This will make it as easy to read as possible.


Feature Article Title/Content/Image/s: My featured article/content will highlight a member of the LGBTQ+ community that stands out for some reason - whether that be because they’re a social activist, or passionate about a certain issue. This will highlight the intersectionality of issues today, because for the most part, issues don’t affect just one group, but multiple at a time and this intersectionality is what I see other magazines are lacking.

                                    

Content Page Styling/Article: The article will be broken up into different paragraphs to tell a story. For instance, one about introducing the person, one about what sets this person apart from others, etc. I’ll break up the article with pictures so that it isn’t too overwhelmingly wordy for the readers, and holds attention.


Title Ideas: For my title, I want to integrate something that identifies it as targeted towards the LGBTQ+ community. Other magazines, such as The Advocate, don’t do this and the title can seem confusing.


Comments